I love good soups and stews. And, this is good stew! I’ve been making this for a really long time, but lately had forgotten about it. It made it’s way back into the dinner rotation a few weeks ago, and I’m oh so glad it’s back. I think you’ll love it too.
And now on with the show….
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb precooked pork sausage, like kielbasa, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
3 15 oz cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 cups chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 small bunch of kale, leaves stripped from stems and coarsely chopped (about 4 packed cups)
salt and pepper
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Add the beans and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaf and kale and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered for 10 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf, season with salt and pepper, and serve drizzled with olive oil and Parmesan cheese.