I’m just barely in time with this post! These rum balls have to sit, unopened, and untouched for at least two full weeks before you get to devour them. So, if you hurry and make them now (I mean right now), they’ll be ready in time for Christmas! They’re quite good. I promise. So, it really is worth the last minute rush to the grocery store to grab your ingredients.
And now on with the show….
6 ounces good quality semi sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/3 cup rum
2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
1 cup ground walnuts
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler over hot water.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1/2 cup of sugar and the corn syrup.
- Blend in the rum.
- Combine nuts and wafers and add to chocolate mix.
- Form balls and roll in powdered sugar
- Let sit, covered and undisturbed for 2-3 weeks