There are lots of things that I miss about living in Portland. One of them is the Flying Elephants Deli. Elephants has a number of my favorite things to eat when I’m visiting P-Town, one of which is a scrumptious potato, sausage frittata. And, let me just say that I LOVE this frittata. So, I set out to find/create a recipe that matches it as closely as possible, and this is what I came up with! I have to admit, it does taste pretty darned close to the original, and that’s more then enough for me!
And now on with the show….
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
2 cups shredded potatoes
1/4 cup heavy cream
6 eggs, beaten
2 green onions, chopped
2 tsp chives, chopped
salt & pepper
- Cook the sausage until done.
- In the meantime, combine the beaten eggs, both cheeses, salt & pepper, and cream.
- Add potatoes, onions, and chives to sausage.
- Pour the egg mixture over sausage mixture. Cook stirring occasionally until egg is mostly cooked.
- Remove from heat and pour into an oven safe glass baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes until firm, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.