So, on with the show.
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
1 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
smoked salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- Beat butter and both sugars together until fluffy. Add the egg and beat for about a minute. Add vanilla and beat just to incorporate.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this mixture all at once to the butter mixture. Beat on low speed until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Scoop cookie dough onto baking sheets. Leave about two inches of room between each cookie. Sprinkle generously with smoked sea salt. Recipe should make around 24 cookies.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for five minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe slightly adapted from Joy the Baker